Youth and Development Consultancy Institute – Etijah is a non-profit organization specialized in developing, improving and disseminating development methodologies in the field of youth and community development. Based in Cairo.
Etijah primary concern is to create and tailor up-to-date and high-quality development methodologies, research tools, applicable practices of youth development and training delivery models, to be able to qualify youth by providing them with the skills, know-how and aptitudes, as well as contribute in building the capacity of governmental and non-governmental youth-serving organizations. Our role is to provide youth with direct access to unconditional participation by providing them with practical tools and models for developing community-wide initiatives.
In 2014, Etijah started working with UNFPA and the Ministry of Youth and Sports to engage Youth Centers to adopt different population issues awareness raising including family planning and SRH to be among the main activities of Youth Centers. By the end of 2019, 90 Population awareness Clubs (PACs) were established to be hubs within Youth centers to disseminate awareness. In 2020, more new PACs will be established and activated through different activities including capacity building and awareness activities through theatre, sports and training sessions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and support the Project Manager in coordination, work planning, reporting, partner liaison, networking and communication;
- Coordinating with logistic, administration and finance units to procure all equipment, supplies, materials and services required to implement the project activities, ensuring cost efficiency and accountability in compliance with donor regulations and procedures;
- Manage administrative duties in the project, e filing project documents, creating and maintaining project schedules, creating responsibility lists for involved external parities in activities you are in charge of and compiling summaries for those who were involved;
- Report regularly to the Project Manager to review the component’s progress and to discuss future tasks;
- Check regularly that every deadline is still possible, and report any delays as soon as possible;
- Maintain project calendar and milestones. You will ensure that regular reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) as agreed with the partners/donors are provided on timely manner;
- Coordinate trainings and the training logistics;
- Able to travel to the governorates when necessary.
- Bachelor degree in Social Studies, Economic Development, Business Administration, International Relations or relevant fields;
- Sound experience in leadership and management;
- Minimum of 3-4 years of work experience in relevant field or holding the similar reasonability. The exact years of experience will be defined according to the project content;
- Proven experience in project coordination and management, particularly in development-oriented projects;
- Good understanding of and practical experience of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) issues;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skills in personnel management, as well as in promoting team work and team building in a dynamic environment;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as in reporting;
- Fluency in English is required;
- The ability to multitask and strong technical ability;
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals, and;
- Demonstrates ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations.
How to apply?
Interested applicant should submit their application, including their CV and Cover letter, before June 12th, 2021 following this link
Please follow the below format for your application documents:
1_ First Name_Last Name_Position_CV
2_First Name_Last Name_Position_Cover Letter
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.