Social Entrepreneurship Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Youth and Development Consultancy Institute – Etijah is a non-profit organization specialized in developing, improving and disseminating development methodologies in the field of youth and community development. Based in Cairo.
Etijah primary concern is to create and tailor up-to-date and high-quality development methodologies, research tools, applicable practices of youth development and training delivery models, to be able to qualify youth by providing them with the skills, know-how and aptitudes, as well as contribute to building the capacity of governmental and non-governmental youth-serving organizations. Our role is to provide youth with direct access to unconditional participation by providing them with practical tools and models for developing community-wide initiatives
The project targets building the capacities of young aspiring entrepreneurs in order to develop and generate their business ideas and their business plans, and furthermore, establish or scale up their businesses. The project is based on the ILO model for Social Entrepreneurship which aims to develop entrepreneurial skills and offer technical support to aspiring youth entrepreneurs from refugees, asylum seekers and Egyptian communities. The intended training programs aim to equip the targeted youth with the necessary knowledge, skills and capacities to be ready to start or improve their Businesses. The Social Enterprise Development Programme is funded by the International Labour (ILO) Organization and is implemented by Youth and Development Consultancy Institute – Etijah in Cairo and Damietta Governorate.
The project-based job role is to participate in planning, executing, and following up with project activities in Cairo and Damietta Governorate. She/he is accountable to achieve project deliverables and supervising two Field Coordinators while ensuring Etijah’s technical and financial regulations are met. The Project Coordinator will also work on developing partnerships with local organizations in order to outreach the targeted youth. Finally, the coordinator will work to develop the capacity of the targeted youth in order to be ready to start or improve their Businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Planning and implementation:
- Develop activities’ work plan in reference to the proposal, budget and log frame;
- Manage the Enterprises Development project field activities in Cairo and Damietta Governorate;
- Develop a resources plan in reference to the project’s budget;
- Manage, request and settle activities’ expenses as per the project budget;
- Ensure implementation of cost optimization activities;
- Plan and implement the outreach efforts to the targeted local communities.
- Managing the implementation of the SIYB and GET AHEAD Trainings:
- Plan ahead for the implementation of SIYB and GET AHEAD training programs in coordination with ILO Certified trainers;
- Coordinating and Organizing the different training programs;
- Managing the logistics and financial planning and implementation of the Social Enterprise Development training programmes;
- Support the participants with Coaching and in developing their Business Plans.
- Project Operations:
- Set up files to ensure that all project information and communications is appropriately documented;
- Execute the project as per the project plan;
- Develop forms and records to document project activities;
- Monitor the field coordinators monthly tasks to ensure the successful completion of the project’s field activities;
- Coordinate with Business Development department to execute the social media coverage of the activities;
- Responsible of major events organizing.
- Reporting and M&E requirements:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and per activity reports;
- Review and edit the field coordinators’ monthly and per activity reports;
- Manage and organize the project’s files and documents;
- Participate in preparing the final project’s report.
- Experience in Entrepreneurship and/or Economic Empowerment projects in the Egyptian Context;
- Bachelor degree in Social Studies, Economic Development, Business Administration, Economics or relevant fields;
- Having between 1-3 years of work experience in relevant field or holding the similar reasonability;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, and interact with potential partners and donors;
- Persuasive and goal-oriented;
- Able to professionally and confidently communicate with national and international organizations;
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills and commitment to meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic is a must;
- Previous experience in similar projects /contexts.
- The Project Coordinator will perform his duties in Etijah’s head office but will be required to travel within Cairo or to Damietta Governorate based on work requirements;
- The Project Coordinator works on standard work week but may be required to work some weekends to meet implementation requirements.
- The duration of the contract is based on the execution period of project activities, the opportunity of extend the contract is according to the performance assessment and the availability of the job.
Our Organizational Values
- Vision: We value open and honest conduct at Etijah. This is reflected in our data management, recruitment, personnel relations and management, and financial management policies and procedures, as well as in our communication with our partners and above all, our beneficiaries.
- Freedom: We empower youth to exercise their economic, political and social freedoms through facilitating access to rights and equal opportunities.
- Equality: At Etijah, we take pride in enforcing our non-discrimination policy, and celebrating the diversity of our staff and participants in our programs. We aim to reach the equality of all people in terms of status, rights, opportunities and treatment.
- Respect: We recognize and respect the dignity of all people, and believe everyone is worthy of honor and respect regardless of any vulnerability, or social or economic conditions.
- Accountability: We have obligation to account and accept responsibility for actions/ activities, and to disclose the results in a transparent manner to our served communities, and to our partners.
- Confidence: We firmly believe in building and fostering healthy relations among community members, between Etijah team and communities, and internally between our team members. Ultimately, we seek to create an environment which enables development and growth.
- Cooperation: We partner directly with community members, partner organizations, and community leaders to achieve a sustainable impact in the communities we serve. We apply partnerships on community, national and global levels to attract all kinds of support for our collective objectives that are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Empowerment: The central purpose of our mandate is to equip youth with the capacity and skills to necessary to improve their livelihoods. Through this, we seek to inspire youth to become leaders in their own communities and to realize their own dreams.
- Sustainability: We plan, monitor and evaluate our impact based on our ability to maintain specific development outcomes with Economic, Environmental and Social lenses.
How to apply:
Interested applicant should submit their application, including their CV and Cover letter, following this link before Wednesday, April 12th, 2023 following this format:
1_ First Name_Last Name_Position_CV
2_First Name_Last Name_Position_Cover Letter