REQUEST FOR Proposal
“Destination Egypt 2030”
In cooperation with UNFPA, Etijah is organizing 4 runs that aims at mobilizing thousands of young Egyptians to take active part in addressing developmental challenges through active participation in sports, music, art, community mobilization and capacity building initiatives and promote aspirational Goals of the Egypt’s Vision 2030 from development historical (Ministry of Antiquity) and touristic (Ministry of Tourism) perspective.
This Request for proposal is open to all legally constituted companies that can provide the requested works and have legal capacity to perform in the country, or through an authorized representative.
Etijah seeks to promote and facilitate the establishment of an equitable society in which all members (individuals, families and communities) have an opportunity to participate in building the social, political and economic infrastructure of Egypt. All of Etijah’s projects are geared towards creating a thriving environment in which all members of the community are granted an opportunity to progress and to improve the quality of their lives, and accordingly, that of their families’ and subsequent society.
2. Service Requirements/Terms of Reference (ToR)
Objectives and scope of the Services
- Background information
Sport is a strong tool and considered as an entry point for young people engagement especially for youth with disabilities & young girls. It can be employed as a tool in the pursuit of development gains (i.e. stabilizing the population growth) in Egypt. The diversity of sports and sporting activities (including social sport and physical recreation) makes it an ideal medium to reach men and women including persons with disabilities from every age group, culture, and socio-economic background and religious beliefs.
- Outputs / Deliverable(s)
The contracted Company/Firm will be responsible for:
- Organizing Four rounds of Destination Egypt 2030 Runs during the year 2019 on the following governorates and dates:
- Qena 8th of March.
- Luxor 5th of April.
- Minya 14th of June.
- Marsa Matrouh 12th of July.
- Designing the route and all the technical assistance needed for the runs
- Preparing and set up Booths and all productions and printings needed.
- Promoting the events through Social media.
Plan, organize and conduct successful runs on the mentioned above dates and governorates.
will be answered in writing and shared with all parties as soon as possible after this deadline.
Questions or requests for further clarifications should be submitted in writing to the contact person below:
|Name of contact person at Etijah:||Hassan Nasr|
|Email address of contact person:||[email protected]|
4. For Application
To apply please submit the following:
- The profile of the company & legal papers
- Technical proposal, in response to the requirements outlined in the service requirements / TORs.
- Financial proposal that includes all the above mentioned deliverables
The deadline for submission of questions is Sunday 3rd of March 2018 by 4 pm, Cairo time.
5. Instructions for submission
Proposals should be prepared based on the guidelines set forth above, along with a properly filled out and signed price quotation form, are to be sent in Two sealed closed envelopes (financial proposal in one envelope & technical proposal and company profile& legal paper at the 2nd envelope) to Etijah Office: 56 El Nozha st., Misr el Gedida , Cairo, Egypt
6. Overview of Evaluation Process
- Quotations will be evaluated based on the technical proposal and the total cost of the services (price quote).
- The evaluation will be carried out in a two-step process by an ad-hoc evaluation panel. Technical proposals will be evaluated for technical compliance prior to the comparison of price quotes.
Terms of Reference for “Destination Egypt 2030”
|Activity Name||Women Race and The Unstoppable run for disability|
|Brief||Destination Egypt 2030: The Goal of the initiative is to mobilize thousands of young Egyptians to take active part in addressing developmental challenges through active participation in sports, music, art, community mobilization and capacity building initiatives and promote aspirational Goals of the Egypt’s Vision 2030 from development perspective with focus on SRHR. To this end, planned activities will be to organize 3 to 5-K runs for development in 5 Governorates of Egypt.|
|Timeline||1. Qena 8th of March.
2. Luxor 5th of April.
3. Minya 14th of June.
4. Marsa Matrouh 12th of July.