Location: Based in Cairo (20-30% Travel)
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Based in Etijah’s office in Cairo, Egypt
Start Date: January 2024
Youth and Development Consultancy Institute – Etijah is a non-profit organization specialized in developing, improving and disseminating development methodologies in the field of youth and community development. Based in Cairo. Etijah primary concern is to create and tailor up-to-date and high-quality development methodologies, research tools, applicable practices of youth development and training delivery models, to be able to qualify youth by providing them with the skills, know-how and aptitudes, as well as contribute in building the capacity of governmental and non-governmental youth-serving organizations. Our role is to provide youth with direct access to unconditional participation by providing them with practical tools and models for developing community-wide initiatives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the operational and technical project planning and implementation.
- Develop a comprehensive work plan for project activities based on the proposal, budget, and goals.
- Monitor project progress and track results against targets.
- Supervise local partner organizations in community outreach efforts, including holding information sessions and engaging local communities.
- Provide technical support to partner organizations in planning and implementing their activities.
- Coordinate logistics for project activities, including securing venues, arranging transportation, and procuring equipment/materials.
- Facilitate training workshops and activities for members of partner organizations.
- Keep track of documents, such as purchase orders, budgets, and contracts.
- Monitor the monthly tasks of field coordinators to ensure the successful completion of project activities.
- Coordinate with the Business Development department to execute the coverage of project activities.
- Organize major project events and trainings.
- Support the development of knowledge products and contribute to reports.
- Troubleshoot challenges that arise during project implementation.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and per activity reports.
- Review and edit the monthly and per activity reports of field coordinators.
- Manage and organize the project’s files and documents.
- Participate in preparing the final project report.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Studies, Economic Development, Business Administration, International Relations, or relevant fields.
- Sound experience in leadership and management.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of work experience in a relevant field or holding similar responsibilities. The exact years of experience will be defined according to the project content.
- Proven experience in project coordination and management, particularly in development-oriented projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent skills in personnel management, as well as in promoting teamwork and team building in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as in reporting.
- Fluency in English is required.
- The ability to multitask and strong technical ability.
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations.
How to apply
Interested applicant should submit their application through this link, including their CV and Cover letter, following this before Saturday, 9th of December, 2023 following this format:
1_ First Name_Last Name_Position_CV
2_First Name_Last Name_Position_Cover Letter