Private Sector Engagement Officer
Project: Tomooh Program
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: November 2022 – September 2023: Based on Etijah’s Annual Performance Review.
Location: Etijah’s Office – Cairo, Egypt
Youth and Development Consultancy Institute – Etijah is a non-profit organization specialized in developing, improving and disseminating development methodologies in the field of youth and community development. Based in Cairo.
Etijah primary concern is to create and tailor up-to-date and high-quality development methodologies, research tools, applicable practices of youth development and training delivery models, to be able to qualify youth by providing them with the skills, know-how and aptitudes, as well as contribute to building the capacity of governmental and non-governmental youth-serving organizations. Our role is to provide youth with direct access to unconditional participation by providing them with practical tools and models for developing community-wide initiatives
Tomooh program aims to provide a comprehensive platform for economic empowerment targeting disadvantaged youth through strengthening their entrepreneurial and employability capacities necessary to have a sustainable access to a decent job and income. Tomooh Phase 3 comes as following to build on the implementation of two phases, which started in 2018 and was successfully completed in January 2021, despite the challenges caused by the socioeconomic and cultural barriers facing youth and the emerging COVID-19 pandemic. The project’s phase 3 aims to promote the active participation of targeted 1,449 youth in the labor market through developing the necessary soft essential skills of 990 beneficiaries’ youth to be sustainably employed while proving the necessary guidance to 459 beneficiaries of early-stage entrepreneurs to create and establish their own startups and businesses. Tomooh responds to the structural problem of youth unemployment which has become a pressing issue on Egyptian youth who constitute 21 percent of the overall population.
TOMOOH” aims to increase youth economic empowerment and to combat youth unemployment in Egypt. And its specific objective is to decrease the gap between the workforce and the job market. The program has two components: Employability and Entrepreneurship.
Etijah is currently implementing a major project with the SCC France where we will help 75 Fresh grads Egyptian get employed in fair and decent blue-collar jobs or internships. Fair & decent jobs means a full-time work contract, social insurance, medical insurance, and safe & healthy work environment or internship at the same environment. To achieve its target with those conditions, Etijah wants to increase its partnerships with private sector employers who have the need and will to provide job vacancies with fair & decent work conditions. Etijah is looking for a young caliber to join its team who is motivated, qualified, and believes in Etijah social mission of curbing unemployment. S/he will be responsible of creating new partnerships with private sector employers and strengthening the existing partnerships. The work will mostly be done outside the office through meetings and will require travel to different governorates all over Egypt for the same purpose. S/he must have excellent interpersonal and communication skill as s/he will represent Etijah and be its image with the partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationship with private sector employers.
- Open new channels to attract partners from the private sector who has a need for mass employment in blue and gray collar jobs or internships.
- Be the Etijah image with new and current partners from the Private Sector, always work on ensuring Etijah has excellent relationship with its partners and provides them with a high service quality.
- Advocate decent work conditions with current, new, and potential private sector partners.
- Create a medium – large size database of partners from the private sector employers with a focus on blue-collar vacancies or internships.
- Attend to partners’ needs through answering their questions, providing clarifications, and solving their problems (if any).
- Manage the relationship with new and current partners through constant visits and calls to discuss their needs and promote Etijah services.
- Develop campaigns and strategies to reach to private sector employers all over Egypt.
- Create innovative plans, channels, and tools to always maintain relationship with partner employers.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Supply management with periodic reports on employer’s needs, problems, interests, and potential. opportunities for new services.
- Provide management constantly with information on current market trends and needs.
- Represent Etijah in different conferences, employment events, and webinars to promote Etijah services and understand market needs.
- Classify all clients per needs, field of work, and cooperation quality.
- Conduct market research to identify the most suitable private sector partners according to each project goals this can be either geographical or sectorial.
- Monitor Etijah online and offline presence and provide internal feedback.
- Participate in different projects implemented by the Etijah inside or outside Cairo and Sharkya as per the need.
- Service knowledge: keep up with changes and other details about the services offered by the Etijah.
- Promote with Employability officer& entrepreneurship officer.
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration or development studies, development economics or Human Resources;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Human Resources/or Public Relations field and development field
- Have experience and knowledge of project cycle management
- A peoples’ person with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Arabic and English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- High level of flexibility in travelling and attending all day events or visits.
- Able to work independently and work cooperatively in a team setting professionally.
- Team collaboration: to build a long-lasting relationship with Privet sector, it takes more than one employee.
- Have strong communication and coaching skills.
Our Organizational Values
- Vision: We value open and honest conduct at Etijah. This is reflected in our data management, recruitment, personnel relations and management, and financial management policies and procedures, as well as in our communication with our partners and above all, our beneficiaries.
- Freedom: We empower youth to exercise their economic, political and social freedoms through facilitating access to rights and equal opportunities.
- Equality: At Etijah, we take pride in enforcing our non-discrimination policy, and celebrating the diversity of our staff and participants in our programs. We aim to reach the equality of all people in terms of status, rights, opportunities and treatment.
- Respect: We recognize and respect the dignity of all people, and believe everyone is worthy of honor and respect regardless of any vulnerability, or social or economic conditions.
- Accountability: We have obligation to account and accept responsibility for actions/ activities, and to disclose the results in a transparent manner to our served communities, and to our partners.
- Confidence: We firmly believe in building and fostering healthy relations among community members, between Etijah team and communities, and internally between our team members. Ultimately, we seek to create an environment which enables development and growth.
- Cooperation: We partner directly with community members, partner organizations, and community leaders to achieve a sustainable impact in the communities we serve. We apply partnerships on community, national and global levels to attract all kinds of support for our collective objectives that are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Empowerment: The central purpose of our mandate is to equip youth with the capacity and skills to necessary to improve their livelihoods. Through this, we seek to inspire youth to become leaders in their own communities and to realize their own dreams.
- Sustainability: We plan, monitor and evaluate our impact based on our ability to maintain specific development outcomes with Economic, Environmental and Social lenses.
How to apply
Interested applicant should submit their application, including their CV and Cover letter, following this link before 20th of November, 2022
Please follow the below format for your application documents:
1_ First Name_Last Name_Position_CV
2_First Name_Last Name_Position_Cover Letter