ILO Enterprise Development: Damietta Field Coordinator
Reports to: Enterprise Development Project Coordinator
Location: Damietta, Egypt
The project is based on the Enterprise Development model that aims to develop entrepreneurial capacities and offer technical support to Egyptian youth. The project contributes to the realization of the “Enterprise Development Program” through the ILO toolkits; Start and Improve Your Business (SIYB) and GET Ahead for Women in Enterprises (GET Ahead). These training programs aim to equip the targeted youth with the necessary knowledge, skills and capacities to be ready to start or improve their Businesses. The Enterprise Development Programme is funded by the International Labour (ILO) Organization and is implemented by Youth and Development Consultancy Institute – Etijah in Cairo Governorate.
The job of the Local Coordinator is a full-time job for a period of 7 months and depends on the implementation of field tasks within the governorate and the continuous and periodic follow-up with the target groups in coordination with the central management of the project according to the monthly work plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicating and building relationships and networking with local organizations and community leaders within the scope of work.
- Outreach for targeted groups
- Coordinate with local organizations
- Coordinate the logistics and financial part
- Attend all sessions and report to the project coordinator
- Develop monthly reports
- Follow up on data collection and entry, and document all project activities in the governorate.
- Attending trainings and coordinating them in cooperation with the direction team.
- Participate in providing convenient spaces for conducting the training programs.
- Responsible for training logistics from training evaluation tools and supporting trainers in training.
- Preparing activity reports and preparing monthly and periodic follow-up reports and submitting them to the project coordinator.
- Coordinating all activities required for the organization in the field and following up on achieving the required project objectives.
- Work to motivate community members and stakeholders to solve project problems.
- Any other detailed tasks that fall within the scope of work and job description.
- Experience in Entrepreneurship projects in the Egyptian Context;
- Bachelor degree in Social Studies, Economic Development, Business Administration, Economics or relevant fields and still studying (Obtaining a university degree is an added advantage);
- 1-2 years of previous work experience in the field of non-governmental organizations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; to represent Etijah with local organizations;
- Persuasive and goal-oriented;
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills and commitment to meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team;
- Excellent of speaking and writing English and Arabic is a must;
- Good knowledge in the use of computer programs, especially (WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint.);
- Previous experience in similar projects /contexts;
- Familiarity with the financial and procurement procedures for project activities.
How to apply
Interested applicant should submit their application, including their CV and Cover letter, following this link before April 9th, 2023 following this format:
1_ First Name_Last Name_Position_CV
2_First Name_Last Name_Position_Cover Letter