Project: Tomooh – Employability Component
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: One Year Contract: October 2022 – July 2023 – Renewal based on Etijah’s Annual Performance Review.
Location: Etijah’s Office – Cairo, Egypt
Youth and Development Consultancy Institute – Etijah is a non-profit organization specialized in developing, improving and disseminating development methodologies in the field of youth and community development. Based in Cairo.
Etijah primary concern is to create and tailor up-to-date and high-quality development methodologies, research tools, applicable practices of youth development and training delivery models, to be able to qualify youth by providing them with the skills, know-how and aptitudes, as well as contribute in building the capacity of governmental and non-governmental youth-serving organizations. Our role is to provide youth with direct access to unconditional participation by providing them with practical tools and models for developing community-wide initiatives.
Tomooh – Employability component aims at building the capacity of 225 fresh graduates to support their professional careers’ interests by equipping them with essential job hunting skills such as Resume Writing, Interview, Communication and other relevant employability skills. The project provides a list of comprehensive services such as advanced training, Career counseling and Employing activities for the participants. The project targeting university graduates in Cairo, Giza, Qalyubia and Sharkia Governorates.
The project-base job role is to participate in planning, executing, and following up on the planned project activities under the Employability Component. She/he is accountable to achieve project deliverables ensuring Etijah’s technical and financial regulations are met. The Employability Project Coordinator will also work on developing partnerships with private sector in order to create placement opportunities and internships for fresh graduates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Planning and implementation:
- Develop activities’ work plan in reference to proposal, budget and log frame.
- Manage employability project field activities in the project targeted governorates.
- Develop resources plan in reference to project budget.
- Manage, request and settle activities’ expenses as per project budget.
- Ensure implementation of cost optimization activities.
- Managing Job Placements and Partnerships:
- Create and Maintain open and fluid communication with Private Sector companies to set up placements for fresh graduates.
- Coordinate Partnership efforts and conduct strategies to strengthen these relationships with the private sector.
- Work towards expanding and solidifying Partnerships.
- Prepare regular reports and communication packages for Etijah Partners.
- Conducting assessment based on the students interests and career goals.
- Matching the students’ interests with the available placement opportunities’.
- Project Operations:
- Execute the project as per the project plan.
- Develop forms and records to document project activities.
- Set up files to ensure that all project information and communications is appropriately documented.
- Monitor the field coordinators monthly tasks to ensure the successful completion of the project’s field activities.
- Coordinate with Business Development department to execute the social media coverage of the activities.
- Responsible of major events organizing.
- Reporting and M&E requirements:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and per activity reports.
- Review and edit the field coordinators’ monthly and per activity reports.
- Manage and organize the project’s files and documents.
- Participate in preparing the final report.
- Experience in Employability projects with development organizations.
- Bachelor degree in Social Studies, Economic Development, Business Administration, International Relations or relevant fields
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in relevant field or holding the similar reasonability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, and interact with potential partners and donors.
- Persuasive and goal-oriented.
- Able to professionally and confidently communicate with national and international organizations.
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic is a must.
- Previous experience in similar projects /contexts.
- Employability Project Coordinator works in Head office location but sometimes in accordance to the delivery of the project may work in non-standard workplaces in or out Cairo.
- Employability Project Coordinator works on standard work week but may be required to work some weekends to meet implementation requirements.
- The duration of the contract is one year based on the execution period of project activities, the opportunity of extend the contract is according to the performance assessment and job availability.
Our Organizational Values
- Vision: We value open and honest conduct at Etijah. This is reflected in our data management, recruitment, personnel relations and management, and financial management policies and procedures, as well as in our communication with our partners and above all, our beneficiaries.
- Freedom: We empower youth to exercise their economic, political and social freedoms through facilitating access to rights and equal opportunities.
- Equality: At Etijah, we take pride in enforcing our non-discrimination policy, and celebrating the diversity of our staff and participants in our programs. We aim to reach the equality of all people in terms of status, rights, opportunities and treatment.
- Respect: We recognize and respect the dignity of all people, and believe everyone is worthy of honor and respect regardless of any vulnerability, or social or economic conditions.
- Accountability: We have obligation to account and accept responsibility for actions/ activities, and to disclose the results in a transparent manner to our served communities, and to our partners.
- Confidence: We firmly believe in building and fostering healthy relations among community members, between Etijah team and communities, and internally between our team members. Ultimately, we seek to create an environment which enables development and growth.
- Cooperation: We partner directly with community members, partner organizations, and community leaders to achieve a sustainable impact in the communities we serve. We apply partnerships on community, national and global levels to attract all kinds of support for our collective objectives that are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Empowerment: The central purpose of our mandate is to equip youth with the capacity and skills to necessary to improve their livelihoods. Through this, we seek to inspire youth to become leaders in their own communities and to realize their own dreams.
- Sustainability: We plan, monitor and evaluate our impact based on our ability to maintain specific development outcomes with Economic, Environmental and Social lenses.
How to apply
Interested applicant should submit their application, including their CV and Cover letter, following this link before October 23th, 2022 following this format:
1_ First Name_Last Name_Position_CV
2_First Name_Last Name_Position_Cover Letter