Job Title: Educational Psychologist
Report to: Bridge Project Manager
Youth and Development Consultancy Institute (Etijah) is an Egyptian Nonprofit organization specialized in Adolescents and Youth (A&Y) empowerment. It provides young individuals with the necessary skills and capacities, and works on building the capacity of not only youth but also, governmental and non-governmental youth-serving organizations. Etijah role is to provide youth with direct access to unconditional participation using practical tools and models for developing community-wide initiatives. This originates from our belief that the only obstacle is the lack of skills, expertise and opportunities. Etijah has consistently developed and led projects to promote youth empowerment and leadership by developing special education curriculums, conducting a wide variety of capacity building interventions, promoting the role of youth workers, and designing Educational interventions that respond to a wide range of target groups.
The project works to build the participating high school students’ personal and linguistic capabilities in order to familiarize and qualify targeted students to various high-quality study programs and scholarships. In addition to, building a community sense of the students to promote societal change through volunteering with the local associations.
The project aims to empower a total of 220 high school students aged 14-16 throughout the 3 years of secondary school; whom qualified to start their first year of secondary governmental schools. The program will be implemented in 4 Egyptian governorates; Behira, Kafr El Sheikh, Beni Suef and Qena. The targeted number of students will be gender-balanced and includes %5 of Students with Disabilities.
The Psychologist will assume the following responsibilities:
- Assess the students’ learning and emotional needs;
- Conduct personal assessments that supports in capturing the students’ personalities;
- Design, develop and support therapeutic activities and behaviour management program for Bridge targeted students;
- support Bridge Project team to advise on Students’ requirements and needs;
- Write reports making recommendations on how best to meet the social, emotional, behavioral and learning needs of Bridge targeted students’;
- Develop and apply effective interventions to promote psychological wellbeing for Bridge Students, social, emotional and behavioral development;
- Profiling and Case Management of Bridge Students and conducting regular meetings with them;
- Attending on ground events in the 4 targeted Bridge governorates;
- Help families understand their child’s learning and mental health needs
- Plan appropriate Individualized Education Programs for students with disabilities
- Assist project staff in material development and delivery training on topics related to beneficiaries’ mental health and psychosocial needs.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, master’s degree preferred or relevant degree in Social Studies and Educational Studies
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in psychological counselling.
- Case management experience is required.
- Excellent interactive training skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good in English and fluent Arabic (spoken and written) is required.
- Experience with marginalized communities in Egypt and associated political/cultural sensitivities.
- Reporting and tracking of project cases as required.
Our Organizational Values
- Vision: We value open and honest conduct at Etijah. This is reflected in our data management, recruitment, personnel relations and management, and financial management policies and procedures, as well as in our communication with our partners and above all, our beneficiaries.
- Freedom: We empower youth to exercise their economic, political and social freedoms through facilitating access to rights and equal opportunities.
- Equality: At Etijah, we take pride in enforcing our non-discrimination policy, and celebrating the diversity of our staff and participants in our programs. We aim to reach the equality of all people in terms of status, rights, opportunities and treatment.
- Respect: We recognize and respect the dignity of all people, and believe everyone is worthy of honor and respect regardless of any vulnerability, or social or economic conditions.
- Accountability: We have obligation to account and accept responsibility for actions/ activities, and to disclose the results in a transparent manner to our served communities, and to our partners.
- Confidence: We firmly believe in building and fostering healthy relations among community members, between Etijah team and communities, and internally between our team members. Ultimately, we seek to create an environment which enables development and growth.
- Cooperation: We partner directly with community members, partner organizations, and community leaders to achieve a sustainable impact in the communities we serve. We apply partnerships on community, national and global levels to attract all kinds of support for our collective objectives that are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Empowerment: The central purpose of our mandate is to equip youth with the capacity and skills to necessary to improve their livelihoods. Through this, we seek to inspire youth to become leaders in their own communities and to realize their own dreams.
- Sustainability: We plan, monitor and evaluate our impact based on our ability to maintain specific development outcomes with Economic, Environmental and Social lenses.
How to apply
Interested applicant should submit their application, including their CV and Cover letter, following this link before November 6th, 2021 following this format:
1_ First Name_Last Name_Position_CV
2_First Name_Last Name_Position_Cover Letter