Terms of Reference
Training of facilitators on engaging men & boys in competing Gender Based Violence (GBV)
Youth and Development Consultancy Institute (Etijah)
Youth and Development Consultancy Institute (Etijah) is a specialized organization in developing, improving and disseminating development methodologies in the field of youth and community development. Based in Cairo, the organization was founded in 2006 and registered on August 16th, 2006.
Etijah primary concern is to create and tailor up-to-date and high-quality development methodologies, research tools, applicable practices of youth development and training delivery models, to be able to qualify youth by providing them with the skills, know-how and aptitudes, as well as contribute in building the capacity of governmental and non-governmental youth-serving organizations. Our role is to provide youth with direct access to unconditional participation by providing them with practical tools and models for developing community-wide initiatives.
Objectives of the Mission
- Conduct Five days training camp to build the capacity of 20 of the facilitators from Qena, Assuit and sohag on Engaging Men & Boys engagement to reduce gender-based violence (GBV) and increase awareness of the negative societal impacts of violence against women and girls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design five days training on Engaging men & boys engagement in gender based violence;
- Design the M&E tools for the training camp;
- Deliver five days training on Engaging men & boys engagement in gender based violence;
- Prepare handout to support the facilitators in cascading the workshops;
- Write a report documenting the process and result of the Training includes Pre & Post test analysis result and training evaluation.
Estimated Number of Working Days
- 10-20 working days that includes training and developing the manual for youth on Engaging Men & Boys in Gender Based Violence (GBV)
- Detailed agenda, plan for the 5 days training;
- Facilitators Handout;
- Training Report.
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in the area of addressing GBV and engaging men & boys
Our Organizational Values
- Vision: We value open and honest conduct at Etijah. This is reflected in our data management, recruitment, personnel relations and management, and financial management policies and procedures, as well as in our communication with our partners and above all, our beneficiaries.
- Freedom: We empower youth to exercise their economic, political and social freedoms through facilitating access to rights and equal opportunities.
- Equality: At Etijah, we take pride in enforcing our non-discrimination policy, and celebrating the diversity of our staff and participants in our programs. We aim to reach the equality of all people in terms of status, rights, opportunities and treatment.
- Respect: We recognize and respect the dignity of all people, and believe everyone is worthy of honor and respect regardless of any vulnerability, or social or economic conditions.
- Accountability: We have obligation to account and accept responsibility for actions/ activities, and to disclose the results in a transparent manner to our served communities, and to our partners.
- Confidence: We firmly believe in building and fostering healthy relations among community members, between Etijah team and communities, and internally between our team members. Ultimately, we seek to create an environment which enables development and growth.
- Cooperation: We partner directly with community members, partner organizations, and community leaders to achieve a sustainable impact in the communities we serve. We apply partnerships on community, national and global levels to attract all kinds of support for our collective objectives that are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Empowerment: The central purpose of our mandate is to equip youth with the capacity and skills to necessary to improve their livelihoods. Through this, we seek to inspire youth to become leaders in their own communities and to realize their own dreams.
- Sustainability: We plan, monitor and evaluate our impact based on our ability to maintain specific development outcomes with Economic, Environmental and Social lenses.
How to apply
Please submit Technical and Financial Proposal following the link
- Technical Proposal
A short technical proposal in English as described below:
- A description of the proposed curriculum and topics to be covered including the agenda and the training approach and methodology
- Resume of the expert
- Financial Proposal
The financial proposal should include a breakdown of the cost elements to assist in determining the rationale of the given rates.
Deadline for sending the technical and financial proposal is 19th November,2022. There are no exceptions for late submissions.