Based in Cairo, Youth and Development Consultancy Institute (Etijah) was founded in 2006 as an Egyptian NGO specialized in Youth Development. Since its establishment, Etijah has been working across various development sectors, including Education and Training, Health and Women Empowerment, Volunteerism and Civic Engagement, and Entrepreneurship and Employment. Etijah is leading and implementing several development projects across the previously mentioned sectors in partnership with several international, regional and local organizations to provide youth with the necessary skills and knowledge to provide youth with the necessary skills and knowledge to promote their empowerment and leadership in the society.
About Bridge Project
Etijah is implementing Bridge Qualifying Scholarship with the support of Sawiris Foundation for Social Development. The project is designed to provide public high school students with the skills, knowledge and tools required for scholarships’ admission in high-quality university programs in Egypt and abroad. Bridge project serves an average of 200 Egyptian public high school students in the following governorates: (Beheira – Kafr El Shiekh – Qena – Beni Suif) with an average of 50 students per each governorate. The project also includes students with visual impairment.
This consultancy aims at providing 200 to 214 public high school students with the essential computer skills to develop their ICT competencies and improve students’ Digital Literacy level through on-site/instructor-led training sessions.
Topics of training and activities shall be designed to help students achieve the following key objectives:
- Understanding Windows Basics.
- Understanding Web Browsing and Online Searching Skills.
- Understanding essential skills of MS office, including Word processing, Spreadsheet, and Presentations.
- Understanding how to work collaboratively online.
- Understanding how to be safe when going online.
- Understanding how to troubleshoot and fix common computer issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant organization/entity will be responsible of the following tasks:
- Design training plan that meets the consultancy objectives and learning outcomes and caters to students’ different needs and digital literacy levels.
- Conduct ICT skills-based assessment before the start of the training to decide the class groupings and sessions plan.
- Deliver the training sessions on-site in the four governorates of the project and ensure classroom practice and interaction.
- Provide students with the needed materials and resources to support their learning.
- Track students’ progress through setting regular assignments and sharing feedback.
- Share reports with Etijah on students’ performance.
The training sessions are to be delivered during June 2023 in alignment with the following deliverables:
|Training Plan & Assessment Rubric||Included in the Technical Proposal|
|Skills-based assessment||Prior to the start of training|
|Materials and Resources||Prior to the start of training|
|Assessment and Feedback Reports||Throughout the training delivery|
|Certificates of Completion||By the end of the training|
Required Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Registered companies/institutions in Egypt.
- Accredited computer training centers.
- Proven experience in managing large scale projects.
How To Apply
Applicant organizations and businesses should submit Hand Envelopes (Separate envelopes for both Technical and Financial Proposals) with the following:
- Technical offer including the following:
- Training plan.
- Assessment rubric.
- Number of Training days and timeline.
- Training locations and description of the selected labs, including labs capacity.
- Profiles of certified instructors.
- Previous training experience in the subject of the TOR.
- Financial offer including the following:
- Breakdown of costs.
- Legal documents with Company Official Registration, Commercial Record and Company Tax ID.
The deadline for submitting the proposals is Wednesday, April 19, 2023
The offers should be stamped on each page and signed by the legal representative of the applying institution/organization. Technical and Financial offers should be submitted each in a separate close envelope and delivered to Etijah Office at: 56 El Nozha st, Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt or call: +202 24 17 7 375 Sunday to Thursday 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Organizations can apply to implement the training in all/one governorate.
- Taxes stated by law will be deducted from the total cost.
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for further technical agreements.
- Dates may be subject to change.
For any inquiries, please reach out to: Ms. Touka Amer, Senior Education Officer at TAmer@etijah.org