Capacity Building Training for Bridge Project Team on: Child Safeguarding and Protection – Rights of Persons with Disabilities – Prevention of Harassment and Cyber Harassment
Based in Cairo, Youth and Development Consultancy Institute (Etijah) was founded in 2006 as an Egyptian NGO specialized in Youth Development. Since its establishment, Etijah has been working towards building the capacities of governmental and non-governmental youth serving organizations to provide a professional and a safe context for youth development in Egypt. Etijah is working on various development sectors, including Education, Training, Humanitarian, Health, Women’s Empowerment, Volunteerism, Civic Engagement, Entrepreneurship, Employment sectors, and is implementing several projects in partnership with international, regional, and local organizations.
Bridge Project Overview
Bridge project is a preparatory scholarship for university stage, aiming at qualifying Egyptian public high school students to join high quality university programs through providing them with the skills, knowledge and tools required for scholarships admission in Egypt and abroad. The project lasts for three years and is being implemented by Etijah in partnership with Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
Aspiring to create an integrated learning environment, Bridge project adopts a blended learning model incorporating both online and offline training programs and activities. The project is designed to support students developing their English Language, Computer, Personal, Life, and Leadership Skills. These skills are developed mainly through conducting online training programs by high-profile entities, in addition to a number of offline activities.
The project serves 200 Egyptian public high school students aged between 14 – 16 years old from the following governorates: (Beheira – Kafr El Shiekh – Qena – Beni Suif). Students are gender-balanced and including persons with disabilities to ensure the maximization of their untapped capabilities and to provide them with the opportunity to realize their full potential.
Context of Training
Bridge project staff members will be in direct contact with the selected students joining Bridge preparatory scholarship. With the target segment of the students aged under 18, Bridge project aspires to create a safe environment for the students, and therefore aims at enhancing the capacities of its team members and is targeting a comprehensive capacity building training across the following areas:
- Child Safeguarding and Protection.
- Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Prevention of Harassment and Cyber Harassment.
Scope of Training
The purpose of the training is to strengthen the quality of the project by designing the necessary tools, guidelines and protocols needed to carry out the project activities within a safe environment for the students. The developed content will be used by the project team in dealing with the selected students throughout the project life cycle –Three Years– In addition, the consultant is required to facilitate the developed content by conducting offline training and workshops to the project team.
Purpose & Objectives of Training
Under the framework of “Safe Environment for Students”, the consultant will be responsible for building the capacities of the project team members to enable them to provide a safe environment – both online and offline – for 200 Egyptian public high school students aged between 14 – 16 years old from Beheira, Kafr El Shiekh, Qena, and Beni Suif.
The objectives of the training are the following:
- The project team achieve a zero-tolerance environment within the project for all forms of child abuse and mistreatment.
- The project team act according to the high standards of behavior to protect the rights and dignity of children, including persons with disabilities.
- The project team are fully aware of the national and international conventions on the rights of children and persons with disabilities.
- The project team are fully aware of harassment behavior patterns and can act immediately on any related concern.
Deliverables of Training
Offline capacity building training for Bridge project team members (10-15 member), in addition to providing a written guiding protocol for each of the following components.
The deliverables shall ensure alignment with the national and international obligations and conventions.
Components of Training
Child Safeguarding and Protection
- Conduct a capacity building training to the project team on Child Safeguarding and Protection to ensure the following:
- The cultivation of zero-tolerance environment within the project for all forms of child abuse and mistreatment.
- Project team members follow the rights approach rather than well-being or needs approach to achieve the high standards of behavior to protect the children/students.
- Introduce CRE to build the capacity of the team as duty-bearers to help them building the capacity of the students as rights-holders to claim their rights.
- Design a written guiding protocol for Child Safeguarding and Protection to prevent / detect / respond to child abuse and mistreatment.
Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Conduct a capacity building training to the project team on Rights of Persons with Disabilities to ensure securing inclusiveness within the project.
- Design a written guiding protocol to help the project team protecting the dignity and rights of the students with disabilities.
Prevention of Harassment and Cyber Harassment
- Conduct a capacity building training to the project team on the Prevention of Harassment and Cyber Harassment.
- Design an anti-harassment written guiding protocol introducing the spectrum of cyber harassment behavior patterns.
- Experience in the field of Child Safeguarding and Protection.
- Experience in conducting training on the convention of the rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Experience in conducting anti-harassment training and workshops.
- Experience in conducting capacity building training and TOT.
- Understanding of the national and international obligations and conventions in the subjects of the training.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
Training Duration & Location
- Duration: One training day for each component.
- Location: Etijah Office, Heliopolis Cairo.
Interested candidates shall apply for each component separately as individuals/ consortium. The deadline for submitting the application is Thursday April 20th, 2021
Candidates shall provide the following technical requirements in the technical offer:
- Capacity Building Training methodology.
- Training agenda and sessions outline, including: Title, purpose, Methods, Activities and expected learning outcomes for each session.
- CVs and portfolios highlighting relevant experience in relation to the subject of the training.
- Supporting documents and certificates.
As well as a financial offer in another document:
- Financial offer – without including any logistics.
To apply for Capacity Building Training for Bridge Project Team – Child Safeguarding and Protection, please submit an application here.
To apply for Capacity Building Training for Bridge Project Team – Rights of Persons with Disabilities, please submit an application here.
To apply for Capacity Building Training for Bridge Project Team – Prevention of Harassment and Cyber Harassment, please submit an application here.
For any inquiries, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org before April 15th, 2021