Social Media Summer Internship
Based in Cairo, Youth and Development Consultancy Institute (Etijah) founded in 2006 is a specialized institute in developing, improving and disseminating development methodologies in the field of youth and community development.
Etijah works on projects in different work areas such as: Good health and well-being, Entrepreneurship and Employment, Education, Community Participation and Citizenship, Women Empowerment with many international donors such as: UNFPA, UN WOMEN, AmidEast, GIZ, USAID, Plan International, The British Council, UNDP, Canada fund for local initiatives (CFLI), UNESCO as well as governmental bodies such as the Ministry of Youth and Sport, National Council of Women.
Overall Job Purpose:
The Social Media intern is responsible for coordinating and executing the organization’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Organization’s Website, Facebook, and Twitter. This role offers the intern a total immersion into a busy digital recruitment business and the successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff, external social media consultants, and the agency’s clients and candidates to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing in a business to business environment. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients and candidates.
1) Social Media Community Management
- Assist with the organization’s social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages.
- Increase the number of followers we have on Twitter by following and engaging with potential clients and candidates.
- Replying to Facebook messages on a regular basis.
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that their company profiles are accurate and
- Posting updates to the organization’s Facebook account (under supervision from a
2) Coordinating and Distributing Content
- Scheduling and coordinating a monthly brainstorming meeting with Project Managers/Coordinators to establish content ideas for the month ahead, and to plan for a monthly social media plan/calendar.
- Maintain a monthly social media and blogging calendar, and ensure that everyone is meeting their deadlines.
- Liaising with Business Development Specialist to push new posts through the calendar.
- Track and report Facebook statistics. Look at how well specific content performs and look at the flow of traffic through to our Web site. Look at how well posts perform based on their ‘sharerating’ and the total number of viewers and time spent on page. Look at the best performing web site pages and try to generate new content that does the same or better.
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic.
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management.
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn.
- An ability to work under pressure.
- An ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team.
N.B: Applicants must be either students or fresh graduates
Interested candidates should submit send their CVs and cover letters through this link no later than Monday 17th of June 2019.
The duration of the summer internship is 3 months starting July 2019.