Based in Cairo, Youth and Development Consultancy Institute (Etijah) founded in 2006 is a specialized institute in developing, improving and disseminating development methodologies in the field of youth and community development.
Etijah works on projects in different work areas such as: Good health and well-being, Entrepreneurship and Employment, Education, Community Participation and Citizenship, Women Empowerment with many international donors such as: UNFPA, UN WOMEN, AmidEast, GIZ, USAID, Plan International, The British Council, UNDP, Canada fund for local initiatives (CFLI), UNESCO as well as governmental bodies such as the Ministry of Youth and Sport, National Council of Women.
The Monitoring and Evaluation specialist will be responsible of projects’ data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency all along the project implementation period. S/he may be assigned to focus on supporting one or more specific grants or projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
– Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output;
– Recommend further improvement of the logical framework;
– Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
– Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
– Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
– Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
– Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
– Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities;
– Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
– Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team.
– Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
– Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E;
– Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
– Perform other duties as required.
Position Requirements Required Experience and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
• 3-5 years of working experience in M&E, development field and data collection.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic.
• High computer skills, especially in MS Excel, are required; experience in other M&E systems would be an asset.
• High analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to provide practical solutions to operational challenges.
• Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders to facilitate the provision of support.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse teams while maintaining a high level of focus and attention to details.
• Has the ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems.
• Experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
To apply please submit your CV and motivation letter on this link.
Deadline: Monday 27th of May 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.