Job title: Psychologist
Project: Safe spaces project
Contract duration: 12 months
Location: Youth centers at 10th of Ramadan and El Obour city– other (at greater Cairo)
- Providing psychological support to refugees and asylum seekers in youth center safe spaces in particular for survivors of gender-based violence
- Conduct one to one sessions and group counselling with target groups referred in the safe spaces.
- Identify, assess, develop intervention plan, and refer severe cases to appropriate specialized services as required.
- Follow-up with cases to ascertain that they have attained appropriate care at internal and external referral points
- Contribute to the design and facilitation of other project activities building resilience and wellbeing of the target group.
- Assist project staff in material development and delivery training on topics related to beneficiaries’ mental health and psychosocial needs.
- Maintain clear, comprehensive, and accurate records of all cases and prepare brief reports about the cases served that highlight challenges, achievements, and lessons learned to further feed into the case management process.
- Document activities and contribute to project reports as required.
- Develop and implement awareness raising sessions and psychosocial activities for refugees around SGBV.
- Coordination of activities with specialized trainers, social workers and target groups.
- Support various psychosocial activities of the safe space.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in psychological counselling (clinical psychology)
- Excellent interactive training skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good English and fluent Arabic (spoken and written) is required
- Experience with marginalized communities in Egypt and associated political/cultural sensitivities
- Case management skills are required
- Experience with youth and SGVB survivors.
- Familiar with GBV drawbacks in the Humanitarian context
- Reporting and tracking of Project cases as required.
- female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Interested candidates should apply no later than Thursday 14th of March, 2019.