Call for Psychologist
Job title: Psychologist
Project: Safe spaces project
working day: from Sunday to Thursday from 9-5 pm
Youth and Development Consultancy Institute (Etijah)
Youth and Development Consultancy Institute (Etijah) is a specialized organization in developing, improving and disseminating development methodologies in the field of youth and community development. Based in Cairo, the organization was founded in 2006 and registered on August 16th, 2006.
Etijah primary concern is to create and tailor up-to-date and high-quality development methodologies, research tools, applicable practices of youth development and training delivery models, to be able to qualify youth by providing them with the skills, know-how and aptitudes, as well as contribute in building the capacity of governmental and non-governmental youth-serving organizations. Our role is to provide youth with direct access to unconditional participation by providing them with practical tools and models for developing community-wide initiatives.
Safe Spaces project was funded by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Sanad was established as a safe space for supporting female refugees in El Haram and New Damietta as the estimated number of Syrian refugees in Egypt is approximately 500,000, around 120,000 of whom are registered with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). Most of them live in certain areas such as 6th of October City, El Haram, 10th of Ramadan and New Damietta.
Sanad targeted female refugees. They have limited places to meet as public places are often overcrowded with men. They also have household chores like cooking and childcare at home that prove main obstacles to their chance to go out. The creation of safe spaces is therefore intended for women to encourage freedom of expression away from responsibilities and presence of men.
The main objective of Sanad, like other safe spaces, was to provide a safety zone for female refugees to help them assimilate into society, to provide them with medical and psychological support, and to equip them with various skills within that context. To that end, the following three main programs were implemented:
- Psychosocial Support Services (PSS) to gender based violence survivors
- The Vocational Rehabilitations
- Reproductive health and gender based violence raising awareness and outreach
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing psychological support to refugees and asylum seekers in safe spaces in particular for survivors of gender-based violence
- Conduct one to one sessions and group counselling with target groups referred in the safe spaces.
- Identify, assess, develop intervention plan, and refer severe cases to appropriate specialized services as required.
- Follow-up with cases to ascertain that they have attained appropriate care at internal and external referral points
- Contribute to the design and facilitation of other project activities building resilience and wellbeing of the target group.
- Assist project staff in material development and delivery training on topics related to beneficiaries’ mental health and psychosocial needs.
- Maintain clear, comprehensive, and accurate records of all cases and prepare brief reports about the cases served that highlight challenges, achievements, and lessons learned to further feed into the case management process.
- Document activities and contribute to project reports as required.
- Develop and implement awareness raising sessions and psychosocial activities for refugees around SGBV.
- Coordination of activities with specialized trainers, social workers and target groups.
- Support various psychosocial activities of the safe space.
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in psychological counselling (clinical psychology);
- Excellent interactive training skills;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good in English and fluent Arabic (spoken and written) is required.
- Experience with marginalized communities in Egypt and associated political/cultural sensitivities.
- Case management skills are required.
- Experience with youth and SGVB survivors.
- Familiar with GBV drawbacks in the Humanitarian context.
- Reporting and tracking of Project cases as required.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Our Organizational Values
- Vision: We value open and honest conduct at Etijah. This is reflected in our data management, recruitment, personnel relations and management, and financial management policies and procedures, as well as in our communication with our partners and above all, our beneficiaries.
- Freedom: We empower youth to exercise their economic, political and social freedoms through facilitating access to rights and equal opportunities.
- Equality: At Etijah, we take pride in enforcing our non-discrimination policy, and celebrating the diversity of our staff and participants in our programs. We aim to reach the equality of all people in terms of status, rights, opportunities and treatment.
- Respect: We recognize and respect the dignity of all people, and believe everyone is worthy of honor and respect regardless of any vulnerability, or social or economic conditions.
- Accountability: We have obligation to account and accept responsibility for actions/ activities, and to disclose the results in a transparent manner to our served communities, and to our partners.
- Confidence: We firmly believe in building and fostering healthy relations among community members, between Etijah team and communities, and internally between our team members. Ultimately, we seek to create an environment which enables development and growth.
- Cooperation: We partner directly with community members, partner organizations, and community leaders to achieve a sustainable impact in the communities we serve. We apply partnerships on community, national and global levels to attract all kinds of support for our collective objectives that are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Empowerment: The central purpose of our mandate is to equip youth with the capacity and skills to necessary to improve their livelihoods. Through this, we seek to inspire youth to become leaders in their own communities and to realize their own dreams.
- Sustainability: We plan, monitor and evaluate our impact based on our ability to maintain specific development outcomes with Economic, Environmental and Social lenses.
How to apply
Interested applicant should submit their application, including their CV and Cover letter, following this link before September 11, 2022 following this format:
1_ First Name_Last Name_Position_CV
2_First Name_Last Name_Position_Cover Letter