Job Description and Responsibilities
Project design & Management
- Preparing, managing and regularly updating the project activities work plan and related financial plan, ensuring timely and quality implementation in compliance with the defined project strategy as well as UNFPA guidelines.
- Coordinating with logistic, administration and finance units to procure all equipment, supplies, materials and services required to implement the project activities, ensuring cost efficiency and accountability in compliance with donor regulations and procedures.
- Budget Allocation and Monitoring
- Managing program administration including all matters related to contracts and agreements
- Following up on administrative, technical, logistical work implemented by project coordinators
Project Team management
- In coordination with Etijah Management , carrying out recruitment procedures for the staff and consultants according to project needs
- Training, coordinating and supervising the staff and evaluating their performance.
- Motivating and inspiring the Project team through effective communication, role modeling and management of the program.
- Maintaining a database of contact details and CVs of consultants in a variety of technical areas.
- Assisting in designing new projects, writing proposals and mobilizing resources
- Ensuring reports to donors are of high quality and according to their requirements.
- Managing the program support team including performance appraisal, coaching and professional development
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Preparing periodic project narrative and financial reports, according to donor requirements.
- Support in designing tools for monitoring and evaluation of projects’ effectiveness and manage information database.
- Establishing and maintaining the project follow-up system for actions and deadlines.
Communication & Networking
- Representing Etijah in relevant thematic working groups as well as other coordination and ad meetings as needed.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relations with representatives from donors, local, partners, workers, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- bachelor degree in Social Studies, Economic Development, Business Administration, International Relations or relevant fields
- Sound experience in leadership and management.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in relevant field or holding the similar reasonability. The exact years of experience will be defined according to the project content.
- Proven experience in project coordination and management, particularly in development-oriented projects.
- Good understanding of and practical experience in employment in relevant field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skills in personnel management, as well as in promoting team work and team building in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as in reporting.
- Fluency in English is required.
- The ability to multitask and strong technical ability.
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals, and;
- Demonstrates ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations.
To apply please submit your CV and Cover letter on this link.
Deadline: Thursday 30 May 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.