Youth and Development Consultancy Institute (Etijah) is an Egyptian NGO working in the development field since 2006 as a specialized institute in developing, improving and disseminating development methodologies in the field of youth and community development.
Etijah works on projects in five different work areas which are: Health and Women Empowerment, Volunteerism and Civic Engagement, Entrepreneurship and Employment, Education and Training, as well as Humanitarian Issues with many international donors such as: UNFPA, UN WOMEN, AmidEast, GIZ, USAID, Plan International, The British Council, UNDP, Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI), as well as governmental bodies such as the Ministry of Youth and Sports, National Council of Women.
In 2014, Etijah started working with UNFPA and the Ministry of Youth and Sports to engage Youth Centers to adopt different population issues awareness raising including family planning and SRH to be among the main activities of Youth Centers. By the end of 2019, 90 Population awareness Clubs (PACs) were established to be hubs within Youth centers to disseminate awareness. In 2020, more new PACs will be established and activated through different activities including capacity building and awareness activities through theatre, sports and training sessions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and support the project manager in coordination, work planning, reporting, partner liaison, networking and communication.
- Take responsibility in the component of the outreach and recruiting applicants.
- Take responsibility in organizing initiatives, meetings and events
- Take care of administrative duties in the project, e filing project documents, creating and maintaining project schedules, creating responsibility lists for involved external parities in activities you are in charge of and compiling summaries for those who were involved.
- Meet regularly with the project manager to review the component’s progress and to discuss future tasks.
- Check regularly that every deadline is still possible, and report any delays as soon as possible.
- Maintain project calendar and milestones. You will ensure that regular reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) as agreed with the partners/donors are provided on timely manner.
- Coordinate trainings and the training logistics
Requirements and qualifications:
- bachelor degree in Social Studies, Economic Development, Business Administration, International Relations or relevant fields
- Sound experience in leadership and management.
- Previous experience in employment project will be an assist
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in relevant field or holding the similar reasonability. The exact years of experience will be defined according to the project content.
- Proven experience in project coordination and financial management, particularly in development-oriented projects.
- Good understanding of and practical experience in employment in relevant field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skills in personnel management, as well as in promoting team work and team building in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as in reporting.
- Good command of English is required.
- The ability to multitask and strong technical ability.
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals, and;
- Demonstrates ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations.
How to apply:
Interested applicant should submit their application, including their CV and Cover letter, following this link before June 12th, 2021 following this format:
1_ First Name_Last Name_Position_CV
2_First Name_Last Name_Position_Cover Letter