Youth and Development Consultancy Institute (Etijah) is an Egyptian NGO working in the development field since 2006 as a specialized institute in developing, improving and disseminating development methodologies in the field of youth and community development. Etijah works on projects in different areas such as: Good health, Entrepreneurship and Employment, Education, Community Participation, and finally Women Empowerment, with many international donors such as: UNFPA, UN WOMEN, AMIDEAST, GIZ, USAID, The British Council, UNDP, Canada fund for local initiatives (CFLI), as well as governmental bodies such as the Ministry of Youth and Sports and the National Council of Women.
Community service is a vital component of The USAID-funded Public University Scholarships program; Higher Education Initiative (HEI) scholarship for high school graduates at 5 public universities: Cairo, Ain Shams, Assuit, Mansoura, and Alexandria, the community service activities aim to enhance the civic engagement of HEI students to become skilled and active members in the society and utilize their academic experiences in the community development.
- Follow up on the community service initiatives with HEI students through meetings, phone calls, Emails and field visits.
- Facilitate opportunities for HEI students to volunteer in organizations and initiatives through communicating with organizations and link them with the students.
- Create monthly, quarterly and annually reports on the community service.
- Encourage students to volunteer and become active members in the society.
- Take responsibility in organizing students’ meetings, trainings, initiatives and events.
- Assist and support the project manager in coordination, work planning, reporting, partner liaison, networking and communication.
- Keep track of documents, like purchase orders, budgets, payrolls and contracts.
- Meet regularly with the project manager to review the team’s progress and to discuss future tasks.
- Bachelor degree in Social Studies, Economics, Business Administration, International Relations or other relevant fields.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in relevant field.
- Good command in English is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent skills in promoting team work and team building in a dynamic environment.
- The ability to multitask and strong technical ability.
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals.
- Demonstrates ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations.
Interested applicant should submit their application, including their CV and Cover letter, following this link before August 28th, 2019 following this link
Please follow the below format for your application documents:
1_ First Name_Last Name_Position_CV
2_First Name_Last Name_Position_Cover Letter