Based in Cairo, Youth and Development Consultancy Institute (Etijah) was founded in 2006 as an Egyptian NGO specialized in Youth Development. Since its establishment, Etijah has been working across various development sectors, including Education and Training, Health and Women Empowerment, Volunteerism and Civic Engagement, and Entrepreneurship and Employment. Etijah is leading and implementing several development projects across the previously mentioned sectors in partnership with several international, regional and local organizations to provide youth with the necessary skills and knowledge to provide youth with the necessary skills and knowledge to promote their empowerment and leadership in the society.
About Sawiris Distinction Scholarship (SDS) program
Etijah is implementing Sawiris Distinction Scholarship – Cohort II for the Academic Year 2022/2023, under the support of Sawiris Foundation for Social Development. The project is designed to provide opportunities for outstanding Egyptian students to obtain a high quality university education at a selection of the leading universities in Egypt. The scholarship provides an outstanding academic experience to 47 students in various important fields to support the future of the Egyptian economy, which qualifies them to obtain competitive job opportunities after graduation. In addition, the scholarship supports the students holistically through developing their English Language skills and their Personal, Life, and Leadership skills by activating students’ role in Community Service. The scholarship also supports the students to navigate their future career path through Career Mentorship Programs.
The objective of SDS English Language Program is to improve the scholarship students’ Foundational, Academic and Business English Language skills through virtual synchronous instruction. The program aims at improving students’ English Language skills to use English in everyday life through developing their skill areas of speaking, listening, reading, and writing. In addition, the program aims at improving students’ knowledge of English for university study through developing their English Language skills to learn independently and to explore academic contexts with confidence. The program also aims at building students’ Business English skills to help them stay competitive in the job market by communicating effectively in business settings.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant organization/ firm will be responsible of the following tasks:
- Conduct comprehensive placement testing that accurately tests the four key language skills to decide class groupings.
- Design an English language training program that meets the consultancy objectives of the Foundational, Academic and Business tracks, and respond to students’ different proficiency levels.
- Conduct a detailed orientation to the students to introduce the program and areas of assessment.
- Deliver the program sessions virtually through synchronous learning and ensure classroom practice and interaction.
- Follow up on students’ attendance and performance throughout the program.
- Develop a plan for asynchronous learning that supports students’ learning process throughout the program.
- Track students’ progress through setting regular assignments and tests.
- Share regular feedback with students on their performance.
- Keep accurate attendance records throughout the program.
- Liaise closely with Etijah team throughout the program to resolve learning challenges facing students.
- Share regular reports with Etijah on students’ performance and areas of improvement.
- Set schedules in collaboration with Etijah throughout the program to ensure the alignment of schedules with students’ academic programs.
- Provide students with access to online learning management system (LMS).
- Dedicate a main point of contact to follow up and respond to students’ inquiries.
|Placement test and results for 47 students||Immediately upon selection|
|Class groupings (10-15 students per group)||During July 2023|
|Setting Program schedule||During July 2023|
|Orientation for Enrolled Students||During July|
|Assessment and attendance reports||By the end of each level (Continuous)|
|Certificates of Students||By completion of each track (Continuous)|
|Final report||By the end of the program (Sep. 2025)|
SDS English language program is expected to cover a duration of 26 months; from August 2023 to September 2025, excluding the academic exams time.
Required Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Registered companies/institutions in Egypt with experience in conducting English language training programs;
- Proven experience in managing large scale and online projects;
- Capacity to provide deliver customized high-quality assessment reports on each student individually;
- Rigorous experience in conducting English training programs and online training sessions.
- Well established institutions that give accredited English Language certification.
- Have a rigorous language assessment system.
- Can operate virtually and deliver Blended programs over long periods of time.
- Proven experience on managing large scale projects.
- Capacity to report and deliver high quality assessment on every participating student.
How to Apply
Applicant organizations and businesses should submit Hand Envelopes (Separate envelopes for both Technical and Financial Proposals) with the following:
- Technical Proposal should include:
- Training and implementation methodology clarifying the learning outcomes of each of the three tracks of the program.
- Choices of instructional materials and clarification on their suitability to the program.
- Program workplan/timeline.
- Students’ assessment areas and assessment rubric per each track.
- Previous training experience in the subject of the TOR.
- Profiles of selected CELTA/PCELT certified instructors.
- Financial Offer should include the following:
- Breakdown of costs.
- Legal documents with Company Official Registration, Commercial Record and Company Tax ID.
The deadline for submitting the proposals is Sunday, April 16th, 2023 at 2:00 PM
The offers should be stamped on each page and signed by the legal representative of the applying institution/organization. Technical and Financial offers should be submitted each in a separate close envelope and delivered to Etijah Office at: 56 El Nozha st, Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt or call: +202 24 17 7 375 Sunday to Thursday 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Taxes stated by law will be deducted from the total cost.
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for further technical agreements.
- Dates may be subject to change.
For any inquiries, please reach out to: Ms. Nadine Galal, Senior Project Coordinator at Nahmed@etijah.org