About Bridge Project
Etijah is implementing “Bridge” Project with the support of Sawiris Foundation for Social Development. The project was designed to provide the public high school students with the skills, knowledge and tools required for scholarships admission in high quality university programs. The design of the project sought to create a model that could be applied to this target group to be aligned with Egypt’s educational vision through adopting different methods such as remote learning, conducting online sessions, incorporating games into the learning process and raising the students’ awareness on the helpful databases for learning. These methods act as a permanent learning platform that everyone could benefit from after joining the program. Likewise, any student in this program can develop his/her skills and knowledge of the different scholarships.
Project’s Main Objective
Qualifying public high school students for quality educational university programs.
- Developing and transforming the life skills needed for Public High School Students.
- Building the essential linguistic and computer skills.
- Engaging students in Online Learning platforms to create timely feedback, instructor presence, and engagement.
- Activating the role of students in community Engagement and participation.
The project is being implemented in four governorates: Beheria, Kafr ElSheikh, Beni Sueif and Qena.
Number of Target Students:
The project serves 220 students in order to develop their capacity to apply for high quality educational programs and scholarships. Each governorate includes two working groups, and each group has 25 students in the four governorates. The students are divided according to their gender, 50 percent of them are females and 50 percent are males with 5 percent of the total number of students are disabled. The students will be selected according to the following criteria:
- The student should be from one of the designated governorates: Beheria, Kafr ElSheikh, Beni Sueif and Qena.
- Students have obtained an excellent grade in the English language in the third year of preparatory school.
- Students must be between 14-16 years old.
- Students must have an academic score more than 80 percent in the preparatory stage and a total score more than 80 percent in the English exam.
- The willingness of family to take its responsibility towards encouraging and committing their sons and daughters to the scholarship through various activities such as involving parents in the initial interview and making home visits.
- The student should have completed the preparatory stage and joined the secondary stage in one of the mentioned governorates.
- The student should have a real economic need for the scholarship.
- The student should not be enrolled in any other scholarship.
- The student should be willing to attend all the online sessions and commit to submit all the assignments on time.
- A priority is given to students with disabilities.
The design of the project includes two tracks; developing the personal skills and the required skills for applying for scholarship programs and developing the language skills especially English. These skills are developed through a number of activities ranging from discussions to team building challenges. The workshop of leadership skills aim to develop students’ willingness to be agents of change in their communities and globally. The “Backward Design” has been adopted in the design of the project in order to start from the main objective of the project which is qualifying the students to join different scholarships to analyzing the requirements of various scholarships to conclude the different project activities that will meet these requirements.
Scope and Objectives
This project encompasses two tracks among of which is developing the students’ linguistic skills to be admission-ready for the quality high educational university programs. The objective of the English language program is to build the students’ essential linguistic skills of reading, listening, writing, and speaking. A placement test will be conducted to measure the participants’ English language proficiency. Using the results of the test, the students will be placed according to their level of proficiency. The consultant is expected to organize an online English language training program for public high school students. The training methodology shall ensure interaction between the students and the instructor in addition to following up and tracking the progress of each student through offering assignments and personalized feed-back.
Training provider will be responsible for the following
- Assessing the language skills to indicate an approximate indication of the students’ English proficiency level.
- Designing an English language training program that meets the project’s objectives and respond to the students’ different proficiency.
- Creating a plan for developing the students’ linguistic skills including designing a training outline, conducting online training sessions and providing the relevant materials and resources.
- Tracking the students’ progress through offering assignments and feedbacks.
- Monitoring and evaluating the students’ learning experience through pre and post training assessments.
- Writing regular reports on the students’ performance and a comprehensive report upon completing the program’s implementation including what has been implemented for each session, a report on each student, and the most important challenges and recommendations for the program.
Required Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- Registered companies/institutions in Egypt.
- Relevant experience in conducting English training programs and online training sessions.
- Well established institutions that give accredited English Language certification.
- Have a rigorous language assessment system.
- Can operate virtually and deliver Blended programs over long periods of time.
- Proven experience on managing large scale projects.
- Capacity to report and deliver high quality assessment on every participating student.
- Technical Offer: including the training and implementation methodologies, any previous training experience and any other supporting documents.
- Financial Offer: including a breakdown of costs.
- Company/Organization Profile stating previous experience in conducting programs of the same nature.
- Legal documents with Company Official Registration, Commercial Record and Company Tax ID.
The offers should be stamped on each page, and signed by the legal representative of the applying institution/organization. Technical Offer and Financial Offer should be submitted each in a separate close envelope and delivered to Etijah Office at: 56 El Nozha st, Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt or call: +202 24 17 7 375 Sunday to Thursday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
The deadline for submitting the applications is March 4th, 2021.
For any inquiries or questions, you can reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org