Business Development Specialist Job Description
Etijah is looking for a full-time business development specialist to join the team. He/she will be responsible for producing professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates the organization’s value proposition and for communicating with the public through social media networks. This is a networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines.
- Identifying, qualifying, and securing business opportunities; coordinating business generation activities; developing customized targeted strategies
- Building business relationships with current and potential partners and donors.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposals RFP; attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives, outcomes, deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance and evaluation; writing, revising and editing drafts.
- Improves proposal writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach and coordination; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Creates a social media plan to communicate with the public through Etijah’s online networks.
- Updates Etijah’s website on a regular basis to be appealing for the public.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, and interact with potential partners and donors.
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Able to professionally and confidently communicate with national and international organizations.
- Minimum three years of experience in proposal writing or related experience; knowledge of business development process from initiation to close
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated and proven results.
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience.
- Excellent command of English is a must.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Great verbal communication skills.
- Strategic planning.
Please submit the CV and Cover Letter through this link no later than 9th of May, 2019.