Youth and Development Consultancy Institute -Etijah is an Egyptian NGO working in the development field since 2006 as a specialized institute in developing, improving and disseminating development methodologies in the field of youth and community development. Etijah works on projects in different areas such as: Good health, Entrepreneurship and Employment, Education, Community Participation, and finally Women Empowerment, with many international donors such as: UNFPA, UN WOMEN, AMIDEAST, GIZ, USAID, The British Council, UNDP, Canada fund for local initiatives (CFLI), as well as governmental bodies such as the Ministry of Youth and Sports and the National Council of Women.
Etijah is looking for a full-time Communications Officer to participate in writing and distributing content to promote the organization’s brand, projects and reports. The communications Officer will act as a liaison between the organization and the public to support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events. The Communications Officer will be responsible for contributing to producing professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates the organization’s value proposition. This is a networking role that requires the ability to work under pressure and to meet demanding deadlines.
- Creates a social media plan to communicate with the public through Etijah’s online networks.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Updates Etijah’s website on a regular basis to be appealing for the public.
- Reporting to the Business Development Manager on a regular basis.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Participating in building relationships with current and potential partners and donors.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs and studying requests for proposals Request For Proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by performing qualitative research.
- Participates in attending meetings with partners or donors.
- Minimum of two years of experience in communications or related experience;
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a field such as communications or journalism but this is not required;
- Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content;
- Knowledge of publishing and editing software (InDesign/Photoshop);
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media;
- Familiarity with key social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, and interact with potential partners and donors;
- Persuasive and goal-oriented;
- Able to professionally and confidently communicate with national and international organizations;
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills and commitment to meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic is a must;
- Strong Qualitative research skills.
How to apply?
Interested applicant should submit their application, including their CV and Cover letter, following this link before March 4th, 2021 following this link
Please follow the below format for your application documents:
1_ First Name_Last Name_Position_CV
2_First Name_Last Name_Position_Cover Letter