The USAID-funded Public University Scholarships program through the U.S.-Egypt Higher Education Initiative is a scholarship for high school graduates to attend excellence programs at public universities in parallel with specially-designed supplementary enhancement activities such as English, leadership training and career planning, as well as internships, community service, and study abroad. The program will interweave the private sector and practical experiences so that graduates are primed to enter and contribute to the workforce in Egypt, in sectors that are critical to the economic development of the country.
- Studying in excellence programs at universities: Cairo, Ain Shams, Assuit, Mansoura, and Alexandria.
- Studying in the fields that are crucial in building the future economy of Egypt (Engineering, Commerce, Nursing, Science, Information Technology, Agriculture, Law, Mass Communication, Education and Economics).
- There are limited opportunities for faculty of commerce, (Priority for students of Arts section)
- Applicants for faculty of Agriculture will have priority.
- Costs covered by the scholarship: (tuition fees, books, laptop, enhancement courses on basic skills, accommodation, and transportation).
- 65% of the students will study a semester abroad in the United States.
- Summer training sessions and community projects.
- Intensive English courses, leadership skills, and entrepreneurship.
- The program qualifies students to gain the practical experience needed for the job market.
What does the scholarship include?
- Tuition fees and ongoing academic support
- Intensive English and study skills program
- Leadership, character building, and business development training
- Mentoring and networking activities
- Internship and summer training in field of study
- Semester / Study summer at a university abroad
- Support at job search and placement after graduation
What can you study?
The scholarship provides opportunities in specializations important for the future of Egypt. So, there are scholarships for the excellence programs in the Faculties
- Information Technology
- Mass Communication
Who is eligible?
- Egyptian young men and women enrolled in Thanaweyya Amma in government schools including STEM schools.
- Student achievers in their first and second secondary results.
- Participated in community activities.
- Includes scholarships specifically for disabled applicants.
When can you apply?
You can apply beginning in February 2017. The deadline to apply will be on June 15, 2017.
How can you apply?
You can apply using the online application here FREE of charge, which requires you to provide information about your studies, background, personal information and preferred fields of study. Applications will be accepted beginning in February 2017.
The Higher Education Initiative (HEI) Public University Scholarships is administered by Etijah and AMIDEAST.