Etijah’s Internship Program
Etijah is an NGO that is keen to help and support young people all the way. That is why we encourage students and fresh graduates from skilled and motivated young people to join our internship program. The purpose of the internship is to provide an opportunity for young people to substantively contribute to and learn from our experience as well as the development field in Egypt. The intern will be given specific tasks and responsibilities and will be challenged to develop their capabilities and gain experience. The intern is expected to be flexible and to take part in various activities at the office and sometimes in the field.
What are the benefits for the interns?
1) By the end of your internship, an intern should be able to:
• Have an idea about how NGOs work in Egypt
• Have an idea about real project life cycle and get involved in part of the process.
To enhance the intern’s experience in Etijah, we offer a monthly mentorship session. A mentor will most surely enhance your experience and help you get the most out of your internship. These sessions will facilitate personal development.
Mentors serve as:
• Help you learn about the field and its offerings
• Explain projects and processes
• Help make the transition to the workplace as easy as possible
• Answer questions or concerns
• Serve as a positive role model
• Provide constructive feedback on a regular basis
3)Receiving a reference letter clarifying your internship details and reporting your progress
4) When Etijah has any available vacancy, previous interns will have the priority in case they are interested and match the criteria of the job offered.
1) Duration: 10 weeks (1 May – 15 July 2015)
3)How tasks will be assigned:
Tasks will be assigned based on the intern’s experience and qualifications in addition to the current projects’ status and needs.
The assigned supervisor will discuss this in details with the intern during the orientation.
• Internships are offered to fresh graduates and students who have completed 2 years of their university education.
• Excellent command of both Arabic and English.
• Detail oriented, resourceful, and self-motivated.
• Willingness to learn
• Strong teamwork ethics.
• Ability to think and work independently.
• Committed, flexible, responsible and reliable.
How to apply
• Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Internship Program 2015”
• Send a cover letter explaining your motivation and a description of what you hope to achieve during your internship at Etijah. Specify your main skills and interests and relate them to our thematic areas of work. Deadline for receiving applications April 15th 2015