Implementation year: 2014
Partner: Plan International
In collaboration with Plan international and on the basis of the current Youth Organizations Mapping & Assessment initiative and the future PAR national research on volunteerism and civic engagement, Etijah will design a capacity-building program that will offer selected organizations a tailor-made training to address their needs. In its entirety, the program aims to train expert organizations in:
- Proposal writing
- Develop the professional youth workers with the critical understanding of the positive youth & adolescent development and the changing nature of society (technological, economic, environmental and cultural) and its implications for young people
- Enhance the skills required to facilitate programs for young people designed to address the social, behavioral, health, welfare, developmental and protection needs of young people in particular and the entire community members in general
- Equip youth professionals with a strong professional framework based on good practices, ethics and principles in working with young people in a variety of settings, and formulating policies in governmental and non-governmental agencies
- Equip professionals with a range of public sector management skills including strategic planning, proposal wiring, human resources management, establishing social enterprises, managing budgets and using new technologies.
- Prepare organizations to empower young people to play an active and constructive role in the regeneration of their fellow youth to become effective partners in development.
- Develop the skills required to be a good advocate leader and encourage students to investigate current and hidden issues associated with policy development and implementation.
- Understand and apply basic research and evaluation skills to youth development programs through applied projects
- Be able to develop and apply resources (e.g., agency budgeting, grant writing and processing, fundraising) for successful implementation and management of youth-serving organizations.
- Teach communication and social media strategies that could help activists and social movements.
- Assets Based Community Development (ABCD)
- Volunteerism management
- Designing initiatives
Etijah works on coaching and monitoring those youth NGOs through this project to help them to be on the right way in their developing communities journey.